Saigon City Tour Itinerary
Our local female guides know the city well and can take you to all the must-see historic locations. Saigon may be famous for its hectic traffic but don’t worry! Our guides will safely navigate you throughout the city’s traffic and history! On this tour you will have the following experiences:
1. Try the famous Coconut Saigon Coffee and learn about Vietnamese coffee culture
2. War Remnants Museum: this site has information about the Vietnam war and has many war artifacts as well such as weapons, tanks, films, and documents
3. Ben Thanh market: visit a local market to pick up souvenirs and experience shopping in HCMC
4. Independence Palace: this is the location of many important events during the Vietnam war
5. Centre Post Office: built during French colonization, this beautiful building exhibits a combination of Eastern and Western architecture.
6. Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica: this 138-year-old religious site is in the center of the city and is significant for its beautiful architecture.
8:30 AM We pick up our lovely guests at their hotel.
8:40 AM Our first stop will be for some Saigon Coconut Coffee from a local shop to get energy for the day and to introduce the itinerary.
9:00 AM We will start with the War Remnants Museum to learn about the history of the American war.
10:00 AM The next stop is Independence Palace to learn about the period of French colonization.
11:00 AM Then, we will visit the Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica to learn about the spread of Christianity and Catholicism in Vietnam.
11:30 AM Before lunch we will stop by the French Post office to see some beautiful French colonial architecture.
12:30 PM Lunchtime at a local restaurant followed by time at the “Ben Thanh market”